I've been too busy travelling to blog for a while, but here is a quick catch-up. After housesitting in Wales I had another housesit in Worthing, on the south coast for a couple of weeks.
Sue and Gill, my cousins, came to visit and took me to visit my grandmother's grave, which was close by, for the first time
I enjoyed spending time in the area, as I'd lived in Brighton in 1970. Next housesit was in Manchester. I liked the city.
Salford Quays is a great new commercial area
There are loads of really interesting contemporary museum buildings including the National Football Museum which I briefly visited on behalf of my football loving grandsons. While I was in Manchester I took a day trip to Blackpool. It was foul weather and almost impossible to stay upright, but in spite of the general seaside resort tackiness I quite liked it. It's got a great beach.
I kept heading north, this time to Newcastle, which I liked a lot. It's a mixture of very old with amazing sculptures and modern galleries
Angel of the North
The glass building is a performing arts centre
The potteries at Stoke-on-Trent were always going to be interesting for me. There was a national conference and contemporary exhibitions going on while I was there so I saw the historic potteries as well as interesting new work
Heading back south, I stopped for a few days in Birmingham, another city I liked
The Bullring shopping centre
Fantastic new library on the right, full of art and area for eating and relaxing
Finally a week or so in London.
Exhibition at The Saatchi
Snow globe going up around Eros in Piccadilly Square


























No comments:
Post a Comment