I had a few days back in Switzerland then flew to Heathrow and got the train to Swansea for my next housesit. I was picked up and driven another 90 minutes to nearly as far west as you can go in Wales, to a small, rural village in Pembrokeshire. It was a nice house with a great view from the garden


I was looking after a lovely little terrier so had some company for my walks (which were mostly wet)



Those rocks are the oldest in the country (650 – 545) and linked to those at Stonehenge.

Well I thought that was interesting anyway.
The coast looked like it would have been nice, but mostly it was raining and the cloud right down. This must have been on my one fine day.


There were some huge beaches (I always have to block out comparisons with Awaroa)

What I find most appealing is what we don’t have in NZ – the smugglers’ cove type beaches, which are lovely. Wales was a lot like Cornwall in this regard

Above is Fishguard, close to where I was staying, below Tenby, about 20km away


Newport was another pretty little town close by

Most spectacular of all was St David’s Cathedral, beautiful inside and out. There was a choir singing Welsh songs and Christmas carols while I was in there, an amazing experience.

Ruins of the Bishops Palace, next to the cathedral

I found my way to the coastal track for a boggy walk and finished with lunch in the village


I was looking after a lovely little terrier so had some company for my walks (which were mostly wet)
Those rocks are the oldest in the country (650 – 545) and linked to those at Stonehenge.
Well I thought that was interesting anyway.
The coast looked like it would have been nice, but mostly it was raining and the cloud right down. This must have been on my one fine day.
There were some huge beaches (I always have to block out comparisons with Awaroa)
What I find most appealing is what we don’t have in NZ – the smugglers’ cove type beaches, which are lovely. Wales was a lot like Cornwall in this regard
Above is Fishguard, close to where I was staying, below Tenby, about 20km away
Newport was another pretty little town close by
Most spectacular of all was St David’s Cathedral, beautiful inside and out. There was a choir singing Welsh songs and Christmas carols while I was in there, an amazing experience.
Ruins of the Bishops Palace, next to the cathedral
I found my way to the coastal track for a boggy walk and finished with lunch in the village
No comments:
Post a Comment