I’d forgotten that in between housesits I’d made a short trip to Bern to see an exhibition of the Chinese Terracotta Warriors. That was interesting, but I also loved Bern. It's a beautiful, historic city and only about an hour by train from Basel.



The men playing chess in the town square and so much outdoor eating

When I was looking for accommodation (airbnb.com) I realised that Interlaken was less than an hour from Bern by train and as I hadn’t seen any significant Swiss mountains I snapped up the chance to stay there. It was a good choice, I loved it. It reminded me a lot of Queenstown with lots of adventure sports and spectacular scenery. I had to change trains at a station that has these views

Main street, Interlaken, fancy hotel, but there are plenty of backpacker places and markets selling the same stuff you get in Queenstown (and most places in the world).
This was the view from the window of the house I stayed in – the mountains are the Eiger and Jungfrau
I didn’t go up the mountains, but went to a village where there was a spectacular view of them



Picture postcard perfect. It easily lived up to expectations.
The men playing chess in the town square and so much outdoor eating
When I was looking for accommodation (airbnb.com) I realised that Interlaken was less than an hour from Bern by train and as I hadn’t seen any significant Swiss mountains I snapped up the chance to stay there. It was a good choice, I loved it. It reminded me a lot of Queenstown with lots of adventure sports and spectacular scenery. I had to change trains at a station that has these views
Main street, Interlaken, fancy hotel, but there are plenty of backpacker places and markets selling the same stuff you get in Queenstown (and most places in the world).
I didn’t go up the mountains, but went to a village where there was a spectacular view of them
Picture postcard perfect. It easily lived up to expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment