Friday, December 14, 2007

It was a very good day...

Yesterday Adrianne and Flynn went to a mother and baby group afternoon meeting and I went exploring again. I wanted to visit the Singapore Art Museum. It was good to see Asian art and there were lots of interesting themed exhibits, including some ceramics. Studio ceramics here seems to have followed a similar timeline and path to Nelson ceramics strangely enough. I would have expected it to go back very much further. After a couple of hours of meandering I went to Raffles and took some photos. It is a beautiful old hotel and still has an old world feel to it.

Across the road I found a mall that featured a lot of second hand book shops. It was like stepping back in time. All the books I read as a child were there and in fact I think probably every book I’ve ever read. There were lots of shops and millions of books. The hours disappeared in waves of nostalgia. I emerged with some children’s books, some poetry to read to Flynn and a few other bits and pieces. I got back to the apartment and did a few lengths of the pool to freshen up. Blake came home early and we walked to the end of the road to a food court and each had a great meal for a total of $7. Blake’s beer probably cost more than that. We ended the day with a quiz evening and drinks at home, then a video call to Bec and Andy and Daisy, before finally crawling into bed around midnight. It was a very good day.

No comments: