Tuesday, May 08, 2007
More London
Not much news this week. I have been to the movies twice with Anne which has been good. The first time we went to the Curzon, Mayfair, which as many of you will know is purple on the Monopoly board and a very expensive part of town. The Curzon was a fab 1960s cinema in mint condition and really plush and comfortable. We watched The Lives of Others, a German film which was a bit dark but good. Yesterday we went to the Hammersmith Cineworld, and that's a world away from Mayfair, but the film was good - The Painted Veil - probably not good for the boys, perhaps more a girls' movie and set in a beautiful part of China. On my day off last week I went into London and had the whole day just going to galleries - started at Tate Britain, then The Queen's Gallery which had Italian 14 -15c art from her collection. She owns an "unparalleled" 500+ drawings by Michelangelo, and there was a side exhibition of some of them too. Then The White Cube, interesting huge photos, the Royal Academy, nothing much, and the great pottery shop in Soho, the Contemporary Craft gallery. A very good day. This week I'm meeting my cousin Brian, who is coming up from the Isle of Wight, at the National Gallery. Anne and I went to Isabella Plantation, a really beautiful rhodendron and azalea garden in the middle of Richmond Park, for a walk one day. I've been lucky to catch up with Bec, who has been in Oz for a few days at a wedding, and Blake and Adrianne in Singapore, today. No photos this week. Bought the wrong memory card with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment