The weather continues to be hot and in fact is the hottest April since 1645 or something unbelievable. How could they measure the temperature then I ask myself. The other exciting thing that happened this week is that I bought a phone with a camera so I could get regular photos of Daisy popping up on my screen. However, it turns out that the network in Dubai is fairly crap and Bec can't pixt at all so that was a bit of a let down. However, I am enjoying having it and would be happy to get any pictures from anyone else. My number is +447748135153. The only downside of this blog as far as I am concerned is that I'm not getting as many emails as I used to with news from everyone and that is not good...please tell me what you're up to!
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Family in London
Back in Hammersmith, another good week gone by. I went to a family get-together last night which is always good as I have many English rellies and I don't get to see them that often. The occasion yesterday was the engagement of Catherine, daughter of my cousin Sue, who I see most often as she works in London and we lunch fairly regularly. The party was at a bar in London, which I managed to get to easily enough and I was delighted to find my Uncle Harry there (88 and extremely fit and healthy), and another cousin, Jenny, and husband Ron and two daughters from Poole, on the south coast. Catherine is the same age as my older kids and very lively. She is about to go to Thailand to teach for a couple of years, before settling down. Other than that, I haven't been doing much. I discovered I can hire a bike from lots of places along The Thames. They are locked into sort of parking meters and you have to open an account and just ring up Oybikes and they send a code in a text that you put into the meter and it unlocks them, and when you return them you do the same sort of thing and it takes the money out of your account. Only £2 an hour too which is really cheap and it's great biking along the river. This bike was outside The River Cafe, which is very well know and extremely expensive and I haven't been there.
The weather continues to be hot and in fact is the hottest April since 1645 or something unbelievable. How could they measure the temperature then I ask myself. The other exciting thing that happened this week is that I bought a phone with a camera so I could get regular photos of Daisy popping up on my screen. However, it turns out that the network in Dubai is fairly crap and Bec can't pixt at all so that was a bit of a let down. However, I am enjoying having it and would be happy to get any pictures from anyone else. My number is +447748135153. The only downside of this blog as far as I am concerned is that I'm not getting as many emails as I used to with news from everyone and that is not good...please tell me what you're up to!
The weather continues to be hot and in fact is the hottest April since 1645 or something unbelievable. How could they measure the temperature then I ask myself. The other exciting thing that happened this week is that I bought a phone with a camera so I could get regular photos of Daisy popping up on my screen. However, it turns out that the network in Dubai is fairly crap and Bec can't pixt at all so that was a bit of a let down. However, I am enjoying having it and would be happy to get any pictures from anyone else. My number is +447748135153. The only downside of this blog as far as I am concerned is that I'm not getting as many emails as I used to with news from everyone and that is not good...please tell me what you're up to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean about no emails, that is the downside of a blog. We check yours most days and reasonably often update ours so I guess the communication goes on but it's just a bit invisible!
Post a Comment