Six months have flown by in NZ and I'm about to head overseas again. After catching up with Ol, Rosie and Sid in Christchurch I flew to Wellington to see the final WearableArt show,
then to Auckland to see Sam, Rachel, Harry, Owen and Elsie. I was impressed with Elsie's curls that you'll see plenty of below.
then to Auckland to see Sam, Rachel, Harry, Owen and Elsie. I was impressed with Elsie's curls that you'll see plenty of below.
Sam and Ol and families and Bec were all in Nelson at various times from Christmas to early January.
Queens Gardens, Elsie just beginning to walk and having a power nap below
It was to be a really sad time though with Doreen tragically suddenly dying in Whangarei.
The funeral was heartbreaking but it was nice to catch up with all the family from Australia.
I housesat for various people over the summer and spent a few very enjoyable days with Dave and Bev in Anakiwa
I was pleased to be part of Rachel's sister's wedding on the family property at Ruby Bay, in my capacity as childminding grandma. The kids were part of the ceremony and did really well.
There was lots going on in Nelson over the summer....a very long waterslide and the annual trolley derby down Collingwood Street
I stayed with friends right at the top of Golden Bay for a few days and we drove over to the wild West Coast
Back in Golden Bay there wasn't a soul in sight
Rabbit Island was looking good
Most of the places I stayed in had spectacular views
The Boathouse on Friday nights was lovely. It's been a great summer.
Goodbye to Nelson again
and a week with Sam and family in Auckland. I am seriously envious of Elsie's curls.
Owen had his 3rd birthday party while I was there
Wet day at Muriwai beach. I froze but the kids had a great time. Rach was surfing.
Harry had his first familiarisation day at school
I'm now up with John on the boat at Tutukaka Marina for a week. The weather has been perfect over Easter.
A lovely day in Russell
A walk around along the river in Whangarei. There's an interesting opening bridge there.
It was a gorgeous day at Matapouri beach today, 5 minutes up the coast.






















































No comments:
Post a Comment