I had transits in Bangkok and Australia which made the flight to Christchurch seem a bit easier. Oliver, Rosie and Sid were there to meet me and welcome me back to NZ and I was very pleased to see them. It was school holiday time so we had plenty of time for games and doing things together.
Sid practising his air traffic control skills
Cathedral Square
Play area Cnr Gloucester and Colombo Sts
Community support organisation event Hagley Park
Sid practising his air traffic control skills
He's an avid Sorry fan and I think would play all day. This is the set we had when my kids were his age.
I take a photo at this cafe at Barrington Mall every visit. It's interesting to see him growing up.
Inner city ChCh still looks like a war zone but evidently most of the demolition has been done and the rebuild is underway. There are some nice buildings going up.
Container mall Cashel StCathedral Square
Play area Cnr Gloucester and Colombo Sts
Community support organisation event Hagley Park
We went to The Court Theatre, now in Sydenham, to see Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. Sid wasn't so keen on meeting father bear after. I don't blame him.
Ol took off for a media event at NASA in Pasadena, California while I was there. Rosie and Sid and I went to Corsair Bay for a picnic. It was lovely. I've been going there for picnics since I was Sid's age.
Meanwhile, Oliver seemed to be having a terrible time in California
Very nice visit! Auckland next and then I will have seen all 10 grandchildren in 20 days.





















No comments:
Post a Comment