Friday, July 27, 2012

Calm before the Olympic storm

The weeks are rolling by and I've seen and done so much I haven't had time to write about it. Only another three weeks to go and I will be heading south again. It's been a wet and cold summer, but this week has finally brought some sun and 30 degrees. Hallelujah, I can stop wearing winter clothes briefly.
I go to as many National Trust properties as I can in London and visited Osterley House recently. a lot of historical dramas are filmed here and it is beautiful.
The Victoria & Albert Museum is close and one of my favourites. They have constantly changing small exhibitions as well as the blockbusters and they are always interesting. They cover a huge range of media. The latest batch covers ceramic design, ballgowns and set and costume design.
The local village is looking lovely at the moment. There's always something to come across around here - I found these alms houses not far away during a walk one afternoon.
There's a local butcher, fishmonger, ironmonger and a haberdashery shop that has very cute window displays of knitted figures. The current one of course is for the Olympics. It's like living in a parallel universe really.
I do love the shop windows in London though. Harvey Nics are good...

Harrods is interesting (for me) with displays of the Olympic uniforms and all the different sorts of shoes

No comments: