Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Home" briefly

I had a beautiful drive up to Nelson through the Lewis Pass then enjoyed a couple of weeks there catching up with family and friends. I just caught the end of the nice summer weather and left as the frosts started and there was snow on the mountains. Unfortunately I took very few photos. These are from the Boathouse, my usual Friday night dinner venue. Then I headed back to Christchurch via Dave and Bev at Anakiwa for a night. It was good to catch up with them and with Kelly and Tyson in Blenheim the next day. It was a cold start to the day at Anikiwa, hard frost right by the sea.
It was another gorgeous drive down through Kaikoura. NZ is particularly spectacular this time of year. I stayed with Ol, Rosie and Sid for the night then flew up to Auckland again to spend some more time with Sam, Rachel and Harry.

No comments: