It was sad to have Sid cry when I said goodbye this time, but I consoled myself by going to the zoo as Harry's guest when I got to Auckland. He has an annual pass and we had a lovely couple of hours checking out the animals. His favourite was the hen in the Kidszone.
It's Easter weekend, and we were invited to an Easter party at Waipua, about an hour and a half drive north of Auckland. We stayed with friends and lots of their family in a lovely old rambling villa in a sub-tropical rural setting, with an really interesting garden.
The view is of Whangarei Heads and the Hen and Chicken Islands
Although it's not that far north, they grow pineapples and bananas
and the hibiscus flowers were fabulous
Harry was quite keen on the horse (and the face-licking dog)
Today there was an Easter egg hunt
An added bonus for me was that John was able to drive down from Tutukaka, an hour north. It was going to be my only chance this trip to catch up and it was great. Pity I missed Doreen, in Oz being grandma, but next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment