Saturday, July 03, 2010

Hello Benjamin! (and Flynn, Daisy, Zach and Sebastian)

So it was time for yet another sad goodbye and Grandma missing in action again. I flew out of Auckland for Singapore via Brisbane and, oh the excitement, I was upgraded from Brisbane to Singa. The Moet, the flat bed, the service, the first off the plane and through customs. The seat where my feet actually reach the floor comfortably, and the massage it gave me at the touch of a button. The only issue was steadying my champagne during takeoff. So I was nicely rested and ready to meet 6/6...little Benjamin.
And here he is. He's seven weeks old and gorgeous. Flynn loves his little brother. He had no trouble remembering me. He's grown a lot and talking much more than on my last visit. I arrived in Singapore at 8.30am, the same time as the Ellis clan. They survived the trip from Dubai quite well (flying economy, poor things). I'm delighted to have five of my six grandchildren around. The Ellis's are staying in a hotel down by the river a few minutes walk from Blake and Adrianne's. We had coffee this morning, then a walk along the river, lunch by the river, then came back to the apartment for a swim. I had a wee lie down, and so did Sebastian. There's always one of them asleep (whew). This is Mr Happy (Sebastian, or 4/6).

No comments: