Friday, April 10, 2009

Time out

I've joined the bad bloggers and haven't updated my blog for ages, but nothing much has happened since The Wedding. I'm enjoying living on my own for a while and am actually doing all those things you say you must do one day - organising photos, sorting out stuff etc. I'm also visiting people I haven't seen enough of and that includes Dave and Bev who I stayed with last weekend. I had a lovely time. We canoed on sparkly glassy seas following the Queen Charlotte Walkway...
and then took the boat to Picton, about a 15 minute trip, and had lunch with Kelly, who works in a salon there.

On the way back we stopped and fished and it was all very nice, except when Dave (predictably) caught a blue cod, which you aren't allowed to take, and had to do some serious dentistry to remove the hook before he threw it back.


This weekend is Easter and I'm in Christchurch for a few days. I came on the bus through the Lewis and here are a few photos to show how cold it is (the last two taken through a dirty window, but I wasn't going out into that).
Sam and Rachel flew in last night and we are all staying at Ol's and Rosie's palace. It's new and warm and comfortable and the sun and shining and the only fly in the ointment is that is it my birthday today and I'm not happy, but Lindauer and margarita's are helping. Pamela's coming over sometime and we are all going out to dinner somewhere tonight I think. My task is to keep just on the edge of inebriation and not to overdo it. There might be some photos later. Depends.

No comments: