Monday, February 16, 2009

I do, I do, I do, I do, I do...

I think I'm first out of the blocks with a wedding blog and unfortunately I didn't take many photos - very unlike me. I was busy minding Flynn and that didn't leave my hands free very often. However, I'm sure that everyone's blogs will soon fill up with great shots. Most importantly anyway, it was a fabulous wedding and everything went perfectly. The weather, thank goodness, sorted itself out and it was a lovely sunny, calm, warm afternoon and evening. The ceremony took place outside on the deck of The Boathouse, which sits out over the sea with one of the best views around behind the happy couple.
It was short and sweet - Adrianne looked absolutely gorgeous, the bridesmaids were lovely, Daisy looked beautiful and walked up the aisle just as she was told, Jordan the pageboy looked great and gamely carried Flynn up the aisle behind Daisy. Flynn quietly munched away through the vows then we all drank champagne and talked and ate and listened to the excellent speeches until the early hours of the morning.
The siblings all made speeches, and I learnt a lot I didn't need to know.
The wedding cake was chocolate mudcake and is now raising the cholesterol level of half of Nelson. Thanks, it is lovely.
And the sun sets in the west after the perfect day... It was a fantastic wedding. Lovely for me of course to have my lot together for a few days and I am now suffering grandchild withdrawal symptoms. Blake, Adrianne and Flynn are having a brief quiet Awaroa honeymoon, and will be back later this week before heading north for family and work time.

No comments: