Friday, December 14, 2007

Just Musing

Blake made it back from 10 days in Switzerland and Indonesia and Flynn stayed awake the whole day just to make sure he didn’t disappear again. I don’t know how he does it. He’s been feeding every hour and a half through the night. We think he’s going through a growth spurt. He’s a very alert baby and has a suck stronger than a spa outlet. He latches on to any available bicep and I’ve got the marks to prove it. I took advantage of a full house to take myself off on another voyage of discovery. This time I went browsed around the museum area and explored Raffles Hotel fairly thoroughly. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is very popular at the moment. I was forced to listen to a very strange rendition by an Indian busker with unusual timing on my way through an underpass. Later I was trying red bean soup (hot, sweet sort of like bean and barley porridge, but nicer than it sounds) and it was playing while the monsoon rains raged outside and I dripped with sweat and thought, it’s a strange old life.

No comments: