Time to head for Tuscany. I did it in one day, leaving at 6.30am, with six changes of trains. First Aix to Marseilles then Nice. View from the train window.
I visited Nice in 2003.
Looking back at Monaco
Then to Ventimiglia just over the border in Italy. At the moment there are large numbers of African refugees camped on the Italian border, politically unable to cross.
Looking back on the farm during a walk to Santa Luce, the nearby medieval village, where I often head
It's hot in Tuscany so the pool can be a welcome break
Sometimes I go to the coast for a walk while Lora and Marco go fishing. This is a little village called Castilioncello.
I've learnt a new skill, garlic braiding. First harvest your garlic.
Swordfish
I visited Nice in 2003.
Looking back at Monaco
Then to Ventimiglia just over the border in Italy. At the moment there are large numbers of African refugees camped on the Italian border, politically unable to cross.
Next Genova, birthplace of Christopher Columbus
Then along the Italian Riviera, though unfortunately mostly through tunnels, to La Spezia, then Pisa for an hour and finally at 8.30pm Rosignano, where I was picked up by Lora and Marco. It was lovely to be back at Podere Il Fornacino
This time there was a new litter of puppies - 10 gorgeous bundlesLooking back on the farm during a walk to Santa Luce, the nearby medieval village, where I often head
It's hot in Tuscany so the pool can be a welcome break
Sometimes I go to the coast for a walk while Lora and Marco go fishing. This is a little village called Castilioncello.
I've learnt a new skill, garlic braiding. First harvest your garlic.
Saturday is market day in Santa Luce, but just one stall - it's a tiny place, not at all for tourists.
Lora and Marco run a restaurant too. Not every night, just for particular bookings. There is a huge tasting menu and the food is mostly produced here included the capon, below.Swordfish
They keep a few pigs and one was being turned into sausages recently
Undoubtedly excellent pork sausages!
























No comments:
Post a Comment