Back to the long haul flight...3 hours to Sydney, 9+ hours to Bangkok and 7 or so to Dubai. I prefer that to 14 hours direct Australia to Dubai though. I arrived at 05:45 and got out to Arabian Ranches just as everyone was getting up. I had completely accidentally, but happily, booked for half-term so the kids were off school for the time I was there. It was very hot but we went out somewhere interesting every day for a meal. There was a lot of indoor time, but they are all well used to that and very good at doing Lego and amusing themselves. Rugby has finished for the season but they still manage soccer in the early evening. Zach with the ball top, Bastie also with the ball middle.
We went our for an amazing brunch at one of the big hotels. As well as food from lots of cuisines there was great entertainment from a NZ group
Max gamely tried to eat prawn crackers with chopsticks but hunger got the better of him.
Hydrating before an energy-sapping walk
There's a lot of driving in Dubai and a lot of scary drivers
We had a very good Lebanese lunch at Dubai Mall and just caught a quick burst of Kiri and the dancing fountains which is always impressive
I'm pleased I don't have to wait long to see them all again as they will be in Switzerland in the summer holidays. I was happy to be on the big A380 for the flight to Zurich. There's so much more room, the seats are comfortable and the screen is nice and big. This is a picture from the tail camera, landing in Zurich.














No comments:
Post a Comment