Friday, September 20, 2013

Alsace, France

I organised my second housesit to cover the time the Ellis's were staying in Basel and found somewhere very convenient, in Alsace, France, just over the border and easy to get back for visits. It was in a rural village and I had a lovely time.
DSC_5390
I got around mostly by bike. It was right by The Rhine and two canals and really good for bike trips. I visited lots of gorgeous, small towns.
DSC_5378
DSC_5381
DSC_5439
There were loads of cycle tours and people generally biking along the canals. Cafes are dotted along them and I even saw an otter!
Canal de Huningue
DSC_5428
DSC_5471
I also had a car to get around in and was in a comfortable house with a small pool and a lovely bakery two minutes walk away. I was very happy. I did make a couple of trips back to Basel and enjoyed hanging out with six grandchildren (and their parents).
DSC_5460
DSC_5456
DSC_5451

DSC_5414



No comments: