Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Warmish and coldish

The weather was evidently unseasonably mild over late December/early January and we got out and about. There's a lovely spa town about 40 minutes away in Germany and we spent a day there
.There's a very nice heated swimming pool just over the road. 
Blake got a new mountain bike. It didn't stay new for long
There's a great restaurant not far away in Germany set in a vineyard, with a playground, that we all like going to
And then the snow came again
The zoo was a different experience in the snow. The penguins loved it. They were making lots of noise
The pelicans (I think) on the other hand were shivering
We still get out for walks in the hills close by
and Flynn had a great time tobogganing
 Basel is beautiful snow or sun. I liked this courtyard
I've been going to France quite often, shopping and hanging out practising my French. It's not coming on well. Blake and Adrianne and the boys are away this week on a skiing holiday on the Austrian/German border, a few hours away. Flynn looks like he's enjoying it. He went to ski school locally the weekend before they left and I'm sure will be skiing flat out very soon.

No comments: