While I was in Auckland, I took the opportunity to go up to Tutukaka to see John and Doreen in their new (since I was last there over two years ago anyway) launch. It was very comfortable with more room and a nice ensuite.
John's been working on a complete redevelopment of the marina and it's very smart
It's good for walking in the area and at the moment the NZ native clematis(?) is flowering and it's lovely
John and some friends went fishing while I was there so there was snapper for dinner. It was really good to catch up with Doreen too and find her looking well and happily settled in the launch. I didn't seem to manage to take many photos unfortunately. I got the bus back to Auckland and had another night with the boys. We had a trip to Pt Chev the day I flew out to Christchurch and Sid, the last grandchild on my catch-up list. As a big fan of trains, Harry gets in some practise. Woo hoo!






No comments:
Post a Comment