After Christmas I got into the fabulous things that I do in Nelson during the summer, starting off with a few nights at Meg's, set in a beautiful valley south of Nelson. Here are some of the animals that were around, for animal-loving grandchildren
Bach wind-wand
I got the boat back out with Rachel and Harry. It's a very pretty two-hour trip with lots of stops to pick up walkers.
Then I got the boat from Kaiterteri into Awaroa as the road is closed after the slips. It's a nice trip anyway. It's a gorgeous place and I love being there with Rachel and Sam and Harry plus a few of their friends. I even managed a couple of short dips in pools left after the tide went out (bach in the background). Harry was far keener on being in the water.
Bach-boat creatively parked and the last picture there will be of me with Harry in the backpack. He will be carrying me next time.Bach wind-wand
I got the boat back out with Rachel and Harry. It's a very pretty two-hour trip with lots of stops to pick up walkers.
I headed over Takaka Hill to Pakawau, where I stayed for a few days with friends in another idyllic house on the beach. Lots of talking and walking and visits to galleries and some nostalgic visits to people I was friendly with 35 years ago when I lived in Golden Bay.







No comments:
Post a Comment