Sunday, November 27, 2011

Back in Basel

I was meant to leave London for Basel at 4pm but it had been foggy all day. I got through immigration and into the departure lounge to later find that the flight had been cancelled, so had to queue for hours to get another flight. The first one available was at the same time the next day and the airline declined to provide a hotel (although I believe they should have done) so I slept the night at Heathrow, which wasn't as bad as it sounds. I was very pleased to finally see Blake and Flynn waiting for me at Basel.
It's so much colder here than in England but we get out for a walk or to do something every day.There's so much to in the immediate vicinity, without ever having to use the car. One day we went for a walk (and tractor ride) to the farm shop, just down the road. They like their pumpkins here.
The cow shed is just along the road too. Benjy visits often on his way home from his twice weekly creche morning.
I walked up to ruins of a castle one day. It's a lovely walk through the village then up through the forest.

At the weekend Blake takes the boys for a run in the chariot. I chuffed along on the bike, falling well behind going up hill. Flynn has a balancing bike from the toy library at the moment and can go for kilometres on it. We started out going uphill through the forest...
then down and across the river to a great park with lots of different areas and cafes. Benjy loved the playground
and had to sneak a try on the bike while Flynn was occupied in a fort

No comments: