Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back in the big smoke

Back to Christchurch briefly. Nothing much had happened in the week I'd been away, which is all you can ask of Christchurch at the moment.
Sid, the robot vacuum cleaner slayer
New mooo cup
I watched The Wedding with my old friend Pamela, glass of Moet in hand. It was lovely. In no time at all I was off again, on a direct flight to London. I seldom make the trip in one go, but thanks to an upgrade and a flat bed for part of it, it wasn't too bad. London hadn't changed much either although there are roadworks everywhere tarting the city up for the Olympics. There's a clock counting down in Trafalgar Square (some protest happening in the background). There's a lot of protesting going on in London these days.
It's looking very festive with the wedding decorations still up
The Mall, Buckingham Palace in the distance.
I met my friend Julia for a walk in Kew Gardens. It is gorgeous at the moment with the bluebells still out.
I had another walk in Richmond Park, where there's a fabulous garden, Isabella Plantation, full of rhododendrons and azaleas.
I plan my trips back to London to coincide with these things. It doesn't take much to please me. A grandchild or two here would make it even better.

No comments: