The night before I left Singapore, Adrianne went to leaving drinks at a bar on the 70th floor of a building in central Singapore. Blake and Benjamin and I went along as babyminders so Adrianne could feed him part way through. I took the chance to go up and check out the view. It was spectacular, just on dark but still light enough to see lots. It took less than 20 seconds to get up there. When we went back later it was dark and we were able to watch the rehearsals for the opening ceremony of the Youth Olympic Games, that are to start shortly in Singapore. While Adrianne was kicking back with a drink, Blake and I wandered around Raffles and had a drink of our own at The Chimes restaurant complex nearby.
On the day I left Flynn’s school had an open day and we spent a couple of happy hours there. It’s a new facility, just over the road from the apartment and staffed by lovely teachers and helpers. Flynn goes three mornings a week at the moment and loves it.
First there were the balloon animals - Flynn got a teddy bear...
Then a collage (he is artistic like his grandma)
Green tea for me please Flynn (there actually was a good selection of food provided)
Blake and Benjy pose beside the family photos taken on the track at Anakiwa
Time for a wee sit down, then some face painting. Benjy pleads to be allowed to get it done too..

The train lasted seconds after Flynn excitedly ran around after sitting still for so long, fell, and bashed his face on a fire hydrant. The tears wiped it half out. At least I got the photo. It was a really nice visit to his school.
No comments:
Post a Comment