Sunday, July 18, 2010

Singapore Art Museum Art Garden visit

Yesterday I went to the Singapore Art Museum, which is a place I like very much. While I was there I was directed to another branch of it - the Art Garden, a gallery with exhibition spaces for children. I loved it and today we all went for a visit.
We started in the Enchanted Garden. Watch out Flynn, there's a tiger behind you!
In the activity space, the young Leonardo whips up a masterpiece.
The Floribots were cool. A field of robotic, mechanical flowers grow quickly from buds to open flowers that sense movements and grow according to how fast or slow the people in the room move. Yesterday with a class of children running around they were going wild. Today they were calmer.
Flynn and friend discuss the spraying programme needed for these strange hybrids.
The end wall of the gallery was a riot of paper floribots.
There were lots of other really interesting interactive spaces, including The Funky Forest and Daisies which included a field of projected daisies that disappeared as you walked and a children's film theatre. Flynn enjoyed it all and Benji slept through most of it. Flynn did have a little lie down in the grass garden.

No comments: