Friday, May 07, 2010

Elephants!

It's been another good, although cold, week. The volcanic ash caused chaos for a while, but hopefully that has settled down (until I've got myself out of the country anyway). I went to another musical, Sweet Charity, that I knew very little about but it had some well known songs in it (Big Spender, If They Could See Me Know being two) and was great. It was in the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, which is a beautiful place. I've been having my last go at the galleries in London. Yesterday I saw an excellent Henry Moore exhibition at Tate Britain and another by Chris Ofili. Today I went to Tate Modern and The White Cube Gallery. At the moment London is full of elephants, to raise awareness of their endangered status. They've been decorated by various artists and are fabulous. They are all over the place. I think there are about 250 - I saw about 40 today. First was on the south bank, then a rest for a coffee at The Tate, then Trafalgar Square...
Then on to Leicester Square...Next was Old Bond Street, posing alongside Beau Brummell, then Burlington Arcade...

This one was gorgeous covered in Swarovski crystals. There were lots in Green Park...<>

No comments: