Well here I am, back in cold, wet old England. I spent the first few days with Leigh and the girls in Theydon Bois, near London.

Chloe had kindly vacated her room for me and she and Katie were installed on very comfortable looking airbeds in Katie's room. I quite fancied them myself. Daisy would love one. They are moving to Sydney shortly and there's a certain amount of trepidation for them. (The weather will be better girls!) I will miss them. I had to go up to Oxford to the agency for a day and spent the next day pounding the streets of London. It really is grey and miserable at the moment. The daffodils are just starting and the crocuses are out and the camellias but no leaves on the trees yet.


St James Park is a great place for spring flowers. I also briefly visited the National Portrait Gallery, the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, and The White Cube gallery and bought some winter clothes on Oxford Street. My luggage from Dubai only weighted 7kg as I only had summer things. I'm in for a rude shock this year thanks to my children. Now I'm down in Cornwall with my auntie and having a fantastically lazy time with my feet up reading books, looking at old family photos, watching TV, and doing things on the computer. I've only managed two short walks in 7 days as it's been raining every day.

However, I did get into Truro one afternoon for the ballet, courtesy of Win, and we've been over the road to the pub for a drink and tonight are eating there. I've had a lovely time. Tomorrow I go back to London to an old job for nearly 7 weeks, then I head to Dubai and Auckland for baby no 2. Ol and Rosie are having a boy (what a surprise), so Sam and Rachel's is the only unknown now.
No comments:
Post a Comment