I snuck away from Singapore before Flynn was awake, unable to face having to say goodbye to him. I hate that part. The 7 hour flight was relatively painless and I arrived here at lunchtime, and was picked up by Bec and Andy and Daisy and Zach. Daisy had been excitedly expecting me, but was a bit overcome when I actually arrived. However, she soon got excited again and she and Zach have been an endless source of entertainment ever since. It's been a year since I was in Dubai, although it doesn't seem like it. It's hot, but still possible to go outside for part of the day. I can walk up until about 7am, or again in the evening and it's a great pool temperature, being in the 40s. Singapore boils you and you sweat all the time; Dubai grills you and I can't stay out long enough to sweat. Hair is definitely more manageable in Dubai. We have been doing what comes naturally in Dubai - hanging out in the malls. We started out in Mall of the Emirates, the one with the ski field in it. Zach was particularly impressed with the hot air balloons in the atrium.

There's a new mall since I was last here - I think the biggest mall in the world - Dubai Mall, and gobsmacking it is. It's around the base of the huge Burj Dubai building and it's all beautifully landscaped. There's a display of the fountains with lights in the evening, and I'll report on that later.
We started off in the mall at a waterfall with dozens of divers cascading down it.

Next up was the very impressive aquarium, complete with sharks (Zach's favourite), stingrays (mine)...
and with the chance to go diving and look out at all those strange people looking in.

The shops are fancy ones with beautiful window displays...

but even on sale Manolo Blahniks were out of my reach (and ability to walk in them)
Daisy was quite excited about the treasure chest of chocolate...

While Zach found it easier to go by car

before having a dance on a floor that kept changing colour

Enough of the exercise. When you've shopped till you could drop, this mall provides a fantastic place to do just that - bean bags in front of cartoons. Just what every mall needs! You have to hand it to Dubai, they know how to provide the perfect shopping conditions.

No comments:
Post a Comment