It's hard to believe that I've been here two months and it's almost time to go. Having a grandma gap year is great and I can recommend it highly. I've been very lucky to have had the chance to visit Dubai and Singapore and be involved in my grandchildren's early lives and I look forward to continuing to do so for some time. The only sad thing to happen was the death of my lovely old Lord in Windsor, which took place late in November. England won't be the same without him.
I see from my first blog here that I presumed I would be leaving Singapore toned and taut as I was going to spend so much time in the gym. Well, in fact, I'm happy to report that I haven't done too badly. I've got back into swimming too after a break of several years and with the baby dancing sessions and long walks I'm as toned and taut as I imagine I'll ever be in spite of all the food I've eaten. My best find has been Mr Bean, a shop that sells soy goodies including a cream freeze type soy ice cream with very low fat and sugar, pancakes, soy milk shakes, hot bean curd and other things which might not sound particularly nice, but are.
Toned and taut and with a Singaporean haircut (both of us)
Over the last couple of weeks we've socialised with friends and work colleagues who live in very nice places and I've continued with some leisurely sightseeing. Yesterday I went out to the Chinese and Japanese Gardens, which are an hour away by train and they were gorgeous.
Very strangely, I was wandering around Little India the other day and someone called out my name. It turned out to be close friends of my old Lord's, who I have got to know quite well over the last five years. They were visiting their daughter who also lives here. It was good to catch up. Blake has managed to get me a long term visitor's pass so I can stay for 15 months, instead of the usual six weeks plus one extension they give you. I will be back. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to little Flynn. He's growing so fast and is really strong. He lifts his head and moves around however he can with top marks for effort and smiles lots.
New sling which generally has him sleeping in minutes
Action baby
The only thing that makes leaving easier is that a few hours later I'll have a Daisy to cuddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment