I travelled back from Christchurch up through Kaikoura and spent a night with Dave and Bev on the farm which is always a good thing to do. Then I had a final week and a half in Nelson and filled it very easily having farewell coffees, lunches, dinners and nights with family and friends. The weather had warmed up and I had some memorable beach walks so it was with some reluctance that I took leave of Nelson and everyone yet again, but with the promise of baby excitement ahead. I was first headed for Napier and Sam's birthday which he was celebrating with a week in an ocean-front bach at Ocean Beach. It was a fabulous spot and it was a great stopover. He had Rachel and lots of family and friends coming and going over the week.

I went for a long beach walk every day but otherwise generally just blobbed out and soaked it all in. The day I left NZ there were gales up and down the country but I got away OK and had a long flight to Singapore, with a short stopover in Brisbane, before arriving on time at 1.30am. I wasn't sure if I was going to be greeted by my new grandson or not, but it was or not and Adrianne is definitely very pregnant still. She's looking great and feeling well and all ready to go. Today is the due date so he can't be too far away. I spent the first couple of days checking out the local malls and acclimatising and last night we went into town and met Blake after work then wandered along the river and had dinner in a really good Mexican restaurant. Today we all went over to Sentosa Island - Blake for outrigger training then he joined Adrianne and me for lunch and a walk along the beach. We went into Cafe del Mar, a beach club with nice pool and loud music and had another good meal somewhere else. Eating out is a serious part of the culture of Singapore and the food is cheap and interesting, particularly if you like pig's organs.

It is hot, but not unbearable and you can get through the day with the doors and windows open, but I can't get through the night without aircon. The flat is lovely. I've been to the gym everyday so am sure to leave Singapore a super-human being, toned and taut in spite of all the food. I haven't checked out the pool yet, not being quite toned and taut enough at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment