I made it back to Christchurch after a relatively comfortable flight, with a very good bulkhead seat. It was beautiful approaching Auckland, surrounded by the turquoise South Pacific sea and with the clear blue skies that you really notice when you’ve been away from this part of the world for a while. And it was warm – the best day of spring so far evidently.

Viaduct Basin, Auckland (for Blake)I had a few very nice days at Sam and Neville’s place then flew to Wellington for the last couple of WearableArt shows. I loved the show. It was very luxurious to fly in and have a good seat and enjoy it all without the worry of helping to organise it. Wellington put on its best windy weather but I narrowly made it back to Nelson and spent a couple of weeks catching up with family and friends.
The Boathouse (my favourite watering hole)Favourite beach (well one of them - Tahuna). Note the snow.
I had the great pleasure of helping Dave, my (considerably older) brother celebrate his 50th birthday soon after I got back. Bev organised a surprise party in a Marlborough winery.





No comments:
Post a Comment