Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Seven more sleeps...

One week to go and I am really looking forward to getting back to New Zealand for a few weeks. I leave my job and London on Thursday 13th, spend about a week and a half in Dubai then fly to Auckland for a few days, go to Wellington for the last weekend of Wearable Art, and arrive in Nelson on 1 October. I'll be going down to Christchurch for a week or so at some stage before I leave Nelson on about 10 November for somewhere in the North Island to celebrate Sam's birthday. I fly to Singapore from Auckland on 14 November to be around for Flynn's first few weeks, then in mid-January I'm off to Dubai to help with Daisy and grandchild number three. That keeps me out of trouble and off the streets for a few months. Time goes by quickly here. One day recently I went to Eton (10 mins drive) and walked along The Thames path and came across this lovely 12th century church in the middle of nowhere.
I crossed the river and walked back to Windsor.
I go into London once a week and prowl around the galleries and shops and parks. My favourite walk is along the South Bank to The Tate.

I really like the newish New Zealand war memorial at Hyde Park corner so after a farewell lunch with Sue I avoided the tube strike and got the bus down Fleet Street, through Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus and along Piccadilly and took some more photos of it.

No comments: