Sunday, August 05, 2007

Windsor, and it's hot!

I left Dubai half an hour before Rebecca and Daisy a week and a bit ago. We both had good flights (I had two empty seats next to me and that seldom happens and Daisy behaved well for Bec on their flight). However Heathrow was right up to expectations. We landed at 2pm, taxied for 20 minutes, then it took an hour to get everyone off the plane. We were at a remote landing spot and they had allocated one bus for several hundred people to drive us to the terminal. It is a terrible airport to get through with never enough staff on duty.


Time off, reading in Runnymede Meadow, 30 degrees

I made my way to my Lord's and here I am, with not a sign of a flood, or even any rain. Today is 30 degrees and clear skies. Can't last but I'm enjoying it. It was very easy to settle back into the job. This is about my fifth stint here I think. I spend most of my time off walking in the gorgeous Windsor Great Park, just down the road. I can do about 8 different one hour walks, all beautiful. The photos above and below were taken in Runnymede Meadow, a short walk down the hill from here and one of my favourite spots. The Thames is close by.




Heather blooming in Windsor Great Park

On my day off I went into Clapham Junction and met Daisy and Bec. We got the train into central London and walked over the river and through Soho to our favourite vege restaurant. Daisy was much amused by the buskers along the South Bank and spent ages transfixed by the music, even doing a bit of dancing. We taxied back to Waterloo, trained back to Clapham Junction, went to a playground, did some shopping, hung out and I had a lovely time. Daisy is loving the weather and charges around outside with endless energy.



A wee bit of dancing to the busker

Touching up lipstick on train. A girl has to look her best.

2 comments:

John & Doreen Warren said...

Where are Rebecca and Daisy staying and how long are they in England for?

Maz said...

I've finally got onto your blog page as Ronette was here for dinner and gave me your address. I just haven't got myself into gear about finding it and without emails, I've got myself completely out of touch. Anyway, you might like to have a look at maitaivalley.blogspot.com Not much there yet though.