Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm Singaporingit too!

Here I am in Singapore, feeling very at home. It was good to spend the afternoon I left with Sam and Rachel in Auckland. The flight over was uneventful. Emirates was good, which is just as well as I suspect I will be making the Singapore/Dubai/London trip a few more times yet. I arrived at 1am and got out of the airport really quickly as there didn't seem to be any customs to go through, the roads were quiet and I got tiptoed into the apartment by 2am, happily turned on the aircon and crawled into bed. I spent the next couple of days just hanging out with Adrianne and walking along the fabulous riverside very close by. Blake seems to be enjoying the challenge of his job. It must be nearly 10 years since I was last in Singapore but I don't feel very inclined to rush around exploring. I did find an art gallery today though. The aircon was lovely and the art OK too. It is hot and muggy but not unbearable.
View from apartment window, 7th floor

Clark Quay, 5 minutes walk away

The food is fantastic and cheap, the alcohol expensive - last night we ate out and the meals were around $10 or less but the NZ wine (and most others) were about $70 - $80 a bottle.

See, no wine



I started today with an hour in the gym and a few laps in the very pretty pool on the 4th floor of the complex. You'll have to wait for those photos. I think I like it here.

No comments: